History. Report on Lunatic Asylum North and East Ridings 1850, 1851, 1852. They record the name and sex of the patient, the name of hospital, asylum or licensed house, and the date of admission and of discharge, or death of each patient. Bedford workhouse site, 1901. Repository: Lincolnshire Archives  General Rules, Wiltshire County Lunatic Asylum 1852. 30 IAA, RIAI Murray Collection, House of Industry Hospitals drawings including Bedford Block, Hardwick Fever Hospital, Lunatic Asylum and Whitworth Hospital (0092/046–0386–0410), 31 First Edition Ordnance Survey of Ireland, 1837; Bedford , W. , Archaeological Appraisal. The purpose of the asylum was to have a quiet place located outside the city limits. This series contains registers kept by the Lunacy Commission, 1846 to 1913, and the Board of Control, 1913 to 1960. (aka Turney Tech in present day Garfield Heights). Dorothea Dix, American activist on behalf of the indigent insane, visited Tennessee in 1847 and found Nashville asylum deficient. Note. Report of Committee of Visitors, Bedford Lunatic Asylum 1851. Bedford chapel and lunatic observation wards from the north-east, 2000. A chapel was added at the east of the workhouse in the early 1900s. Search for records from each institution and browse the results for terms like patient records or case books within a year range.. Records generated from the mid to late 1950s onwards are less comprehensive with many original records remaining with the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust. Further building in 1914-18 included an infirmary (later the maternity department) to the north of the workhouse, and lunatic observation wards to the north of the chapel. ... Bedford Lunatic Asylum Bedford, Bedfordshire Bedford Manual Instruction Centre Bedford… Bedford Lunatic Asylum (Bedford, St Mary) July 1838-March 1860: Cople Cemetery: December 1883-March 1901: Kempston Cemetery: October 1878-December 1891: January 1892-March 1901: Turvey Cemetery: January 1872-March 1901: Bedford Union Workhouse - Deaths: July 1837-December 1857 Tennessee’s first facility for the mentally ill, Tennessee Lunatic Asylum, opened in 1840 Nashville as the eleventh institution for mentally ill in United States. These papers for the County Asylum never seem to have been gone through and put into order systematically. It was originally called the Northern Ohio Lunatic Asylum and later known as Newburgh State Hospital. Our main duties are to preserve Government records and to set standards in information management and re-use. Construction of The Fairfield Three Counties Asylum by William Webster on a 253-acre (1.02 km 2) site between Letchworth, Arlesey and Stotfold commenced in 1856. 1855 - Cleveland State Hospital opened. See: A Proper House: Bedford Lunatic Asylum 1812 - 1860 by Bernard Cashman (North Bedfordshire Health Authority, 1992) pages 161 - 163 for Springfield House Private Asylum (1837 - 1962) by Nigel Lutt. This hospital was supported by the state as a psychiatric facility. She implored the Legislature to purchase a larger site for a new hospital.
2020 bedford lunatic asylum records